Full course description
Saturday, 3/12/-4/16/2022, 9:30am-12:00pm (no meeting on 3/26)
Instructor Linda Hope
This workshop starts with the animated line and continues with the introduction of varied media, and with movement emphasized in the development of drawings. Discover ways of capturing animated form with timed and guided exercises that emphasize the artists own movement while drawing in response to seeing. Timed and guided exercises using gestural approaches, modelled drawings and exploration of cross contour with attention to fluid movement are introduced, as students draw from favorite self-selected still life objects. While this workshop is designed for beginners all levels are welcome!
Workshops are taught online through Zoom and Canvas. Students will need a computer or smart phone with webcam and microphone, internet and web streaming capacity, and the Zoom application installed to their device. A device to capture images (digital camera, smart phone, or tablet, etc.) is helpful, but not required.
Image credit: Maggie Jo Feldman
· 2B, 4B, 6B Graphite Drawing Pencils
· General “Sketching” or Ebony Graphite Drawing Pencil
· Medium (4B) and Soft (6B) Charcoal Pencils
· Ball point pen (cheap Bics are fine)
· Micron Marker or Pitt Artist Pen (.25 mm – .5 mm)
· 3 or 4 pack of Graphite Sticks with a range of 2B – 6B softness
· 2B Black Conte Crayon. This is only sold in a 2 pack.
· Kneaded Eraser
· Magic Rub or Plastic Eraser
· Small pencil sharpener
· 9 x 12” or 11 x 14” Sketch Book with 50-65 lb. paper. The heavier the paper, the more durable the surface will be.